In an Ancient Greek, the white colour was termed as “Leuko”. White colour is the finest colour which was used in art in the Ancient Greek world. It is a soothing colour which represents comfortness in living a happier life.
What White Colour Represents?
- Colour in white represents the sense of emotions, the purity and a deep feeling of a person.
- It represents bright and a soulful colour which conveys freshness and simplicity to live a better life.
- White is a colour of protection and encouragement, offering a sense of peace and calm, comfort and hope, helping relieve emotional upsets. It creates a sense of order and efficiency.
White colour Psychology in Health Care:
- Colour in white is associated with cleanliness which is often seen in the hospitals, medical centres and laboratories etc to communicate safety in a better way.
- It is also connected with the low-fat food which often represents a healthy life and also with the dairy products.
- White is also described as cold and sterile. Rooms painted completely white can seem spacious, but empty and unfriendly. Hospitals and hospital workers use white to create a sense of sterility.
- Colour in white offers an inner cleansing and purifying of your thoughts, emotions and ultimately, your spirit, refreshing and strengthening your entire energy system.
- The colour white affects the mind and body by aiding in mental clarity, promoting feelings of fresh beginnings and renewal, assisting in cleansing, clearing obstacles and clutter, and encouraging the purification of thoughts and actions.
- Many people use white or off white colour as a recall of their youth and innocence. It reminds them of a time when their lives were easier and less complicated.
- White is used in many medical practices such as dental surgeries and in doctors rooms as an indication of cleanliness and efficiency.
- Too much white can cause feelings of isolation and emptiness. In certain cases of extremely bright light, the colour white can even be blinding.
- A functional reason for employing white is because unclean areas will contrast against the light background, making it easier to see whether the product has been cleaned thoroughly.
Interesting Facts about White Colour:
- Avoiding Deadly Accidents – The most safest car colour is considered to be white. It is the most visible colour and can avoid causing accidents.
- Sun – The sun is actually white. when viewing from the space, it appears to be in its true colour of white.
- Rainbow colours – If you mix all the colours of the rainbow, you will get white colour.
- In terms of Nails – If the nails are mostly white with darker rims, this can indicate liver problems, such as hepatitis.
Different terminology of white colour in health practices:
- Leukocortical – it is related to the white matter of the brain.
- Leukophobia – Pathological fear of or aversion to the colour white.
- Leukocyte – a white blood cell.
- Leukaemia – A type of malignancy affecting the white and red blood cells or blood-forming tissues.
- Leukonychia – White lines can appear if there is recurring pressure or trauma to the nail — for instance, if a runner wears shoes that are too small and the toe continues to hit the top of the shoe. White spots will form if the injury was not severe enough to break the blood vessel, which would lead to darkening.