Dreaming about someone/something is that you can’t forget easily. Few of you may just laugh it off; however, for some, such dreams are like nagging questions that urge to find the underlying meaning. Rapid eye movement sleep, or REM sleep, is the deepest phase of our sleep cycle. It is during this REM sleep that we easily remember our dreams. REM activity is less frequent in adults than in babies; interestingly, however, babies don’t see as many dreams as adults do.
What are Dreams?
Dreams have always been a matter of curiosity for humankind. Interpreting them involves more of guesswork, but there exist some scientific theories which may guide us in unfolding their mysteries. Physically, dreams are just a response to our thoughts. Psychologically, they could be considered as signals from the subconscious part of our brain. Spiritually, these can be messages, warnings, or help guidelines sent to us by divine beings or dead relatives.
Significance of Dreaming about particular thing/person:
To know what it means when you dream about a person, we can make use of several theories for interpretation. If it is someone you know, the most probable and common theory would be that, you have been thinking about that person way too much. Especially when you dream about someone, it is very likely that you were thinking about that person when you fell asleep. This creates an imprint of your thoughts on your subconscious mind, which get reflected in your dreams. But going by theory, when you dream about someone, it has more to do with certain aspects like their personality, or the relationship you share with them, rather than the person itself.
These people may appear as representatives of their qualities which you wish to inculcate, or else you already possess but are unaware of. If you are under a lot of stress, you might dream of a person who has been the cause of stress in your past, or someone who has led a very stressful life themselves. Whereas, seeing a favorite person or a peaceful personality denotes the peace and calm in your life right now.
Dreaming about particular thing/someone:
Dreaming about someone/something could simply be a manifestation of your infatuation or attraction towards them. If the person likes you back, the dream signifies your acceptance, self-confidence and self-respect. Whereas, if the person appears to reject you in the dream, it is a sign of being low on yourself and a feeling of insecurity creeps in. You are not confident about winning the person over and are mentally preparing yourself for rejection, so that it doesn’t hurt you that badly. This could be considered as a kind of defense mechanism implemented by the subconscious.
Normally, the thoughts of someone you like are on your mind all day, and more precisely, before you sleep. Dreaming about someone you like is therefore, not at all an uncommon experience. All the analysis and derivations of these dreams imply that, it is our mind which indulges into a constant process of accepting and rejecting certain thoughts. All these thoughts and feelings together create various kinds of emotions. Dreams are probably the manifestation of these thoughts and feelings.
5 Surprising Reasons why you Dream about particular person/thing:
- Dreaming About Someone
- When you have a dream about someone it is important to remember the dream exactly as it happens in order to understand exactly what it means.
- While scientists do not know why we dream, my goal is to help you learn the meaning of your dreams to get more clarity in your life.
- Here’s what it means if you dream about someone:
- You Want the Person to Like or Admire You
- When you dream about someone it is a sign that you desire their approval or attention. This is likely caused by the fact that they have been ignoring you or not engaging with your advances.
- The Person in Your Dreams is Thinking about You
- Dreaming about someone can be a sign that they are thinking or dreaming about you. This might come as a great surprise to you!
- If you dream about someone you have not seen for a long time they are likely thinking about you or might make an appearance in your life soon.
- On the other hand, when you dream about a friend, coworker, or ex, they are thinking about you or the next time they will see you. When you see them, pay close attention to their actions or body language. You will quickly learn whether they are having positive or negative thoughts about you.
- Someone Will Take Advantage of You
- Having a dream about someone could be a sign that they will take advantage of you or cause you emotional pain. This dream could be a warning to be suspicious of this person and their motives
- Your unique personality will serve you well when dealing with certain people that see your outgoing attitude as a weakness.
- Your Life Would Be Different If You Were With Them
- If you are dreaming about someone it is likely because you worry if you made the right decisions in your relationships. The appearance of a certain person in your dreams means you are curious about what your life might be like with them.
- You are happy with your current partner or relationship status, but sometimes its fun to imagine how things might have turned out differently.
- These dreams should give you hope that things will soon change for the better.
- You Feel Left Out or Lonely
- Dreaming about someone means you are feeling lonely, sad, or used. You deeply miss someone, but they do not have the same feelings.
- You struggle with moving on from this person and think about them constantly. You wish they could be back in your life so everything would return to normal.
- It has been difficult for you to start new relationships or friendships because you only think about the person you lost.
Dreams hold hidden meanings and powerful messages. When you dream about someone it means they are thinking about you or will make an appearance in your life.